Humble Carpet & Decorating Center has been serving Greene, Washington, Fayette, Allegheny and the Tri-State Counties for over 43 years and 3 generations. We have something for every budget and for every flooring need. We back our installation for the life of the product. Our installers are in-house employees, not subcontractors. We train and certify our installers so they are knowledgeable on all the latest flooring installation techniques. Our sales and design team has years of experience and will help you choose a floor that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Our Mobile Showroom better serves our customers by coming to you at your home or office with an extensive line of flooring!
At Humble Carpet and Decorating Center, we want every experience, from the moment you walk into our door to the moment we walk out of yours, to be more than satisfactory. To ensure the best experience possible, please read the following procedures:
- Customers can expect a period of 1-3 weeks for special orders to come in. Upon inspection of the material, the customer will receive a phone call to schedule an installation date. If it has been longer than this time period, please call to check the status of the order.
- If Customers selection is in stock, please call to schedule an installation date. The estimator does not carry the schedule and will not be able to give an accurate date at the time of the measure.
- Humble Carpet will call the day before installation to confirm a time to expect the installers.
All Hardwood and Laminate products must acclimate to the room in which it is being installed. Humble Carpet will deliver the material 24 to 72 hours prior to installation. The temperature should always be between 60° and 80°F. This requirement should be maintained for the life of the product.
Day of Installation
- It is the customer’s responsibility to clear the room of obstacles for the installers. Remove all furniture/appliances from the room in which the flooring is being installed. If furniture is included in the contract, the customer is responsible for clearing the room of small items such as knick-knacks, breakables, lamps, etc. If there are book shelves/dressers, please have anything that will fall removed and out of the room. Dresser drawers must be taken out and the mattresses stripped down in bedrooms. Please be respectful and have dirty laundry off of the floor. Although, our installers are very careful when moving heavy furniture, they will not be held responsible for any damage that may result from transporting it from room to room. Failure to remove customer responsible items will result in a minimum additional fee of $50.00 per room.
- The installer is not responsible for disconnecting and reconnecting TVs, Computers, Stereos, etc.
- If installation is in a bathroom, please have toilets removed. If included in the contract for the installers to remove and replace toilet, please have the toilets cleaned inside and out.
- Please keep room at a reasonable temperature while installers are working in the home. Extreme temperatures can and will affect any person’s working capabilities. We ask that you keep the temperature at a comfortable level where you yourself wouldn’t mind working.
- A deposit of half down is required before orders are placed. Final payment is due the day of installation. Absolutely no exceptions.
- We accept cash, personal checks, and major credit cards. Financing options are available upon approval.
- Any estimate/paperwork prepared for an insurance company or bank will result in a $50.00 charge that will then be deducted from the full amount of contract.
- Estimates are valid for a period of 30 days.
Deposits will not be refunded in the event of a cancellation (please see store for exceptions/details).
After Sales/Installation Disputes
We will do everything possible to ensure customer satisfaction. If there are issues with installation or material, please contact us and we will address your concerns as promptly as possible.